Asus has just announced that it’s started rolling out Android 8.0 Oreo update to Zenfone 4 (ZE554KL). The company promised to roll out the update to Zenfone 4 and 3 series and just like it said, the update is now hitting on the Zenfone 4 version which comes with a build number 15.0405.1711.76.
- Upgrade to Android O.
- Swipe up to All apps – After OS upgrade, launcher has some important changes – swipe up to all apps, all app icon could be changed.
- More friendly setting UI design.
- Background limits – Android Oreo helps minimize background activity in the apps you use least.
- Autofill – With your permission, Autofill remembers your logins to get you into your favorite apps at supersonic speed.
- Smart text selection – Android Oreo recognizes text when you tap or select, then recommends a next logical step via a suggested app.
- Notification Dots – Press the notification dots to quickly see what’s new, and easily clear them by swiping away.
- Android Instant Apps – Use new apps right from your browser, no installation needed.
- A fully redesigned emoji set.
- Adaptive icons for consistent icons.
- Install unknown apps – Hostile downloader apps can’t operate without permission; users now permit the installation of APKs per-source.
Coming to the specs the Asus ZenFone 4 arrives with a 5.5-inch Full HD IPS display. Inside, the smartphone is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 chipset. The memory aspect of the device is taken care of by 6GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage space.
Asus ZenFone 4 is presently running on last year’s Android Nougat out-of-the-box. Asus reported that it is cutting back on bloatware, and that the new variant of ZenUI has 16 pre-installed apps compared to the older version, which includes 35 apps pre-installed. Other smartphones from the Asus ZenFone 4 series are also expected to receive the Android 8.0 Oreo update soon.
Please do share your views and feedback in the comment box below.