It is known that Facebook organizes an annual developer conference every year and it did the same last year which is called the F8 conference. However, the 2019 Facebook F8 was particularly interesting because of the fact that the company announced a few redesigns to its platform.
Yes, the company revealed new designs of the Facebook app for Android and iOS. But more importantly, the Facebook website was also getting redesigned along with a dark mode. Earlier this month, Facebook said that it is now time to roll out the new Facebook redesign for its website to a majority of users around the world.
Along with the new Facebook design, you will see a lot of changes such as lots of white space as well as the iconic blue of Facebook being changed to a different shade along with other changes. But as we mentioned earlier, you will now be able to have a dark mode for the website and we are going to tell you how you can enable the same.
How to enable Dark mode on new Facebook website
- First of all, you will have to enable the new Facebook design if not enabled already.
- Once enabled, go to the top-right corner on your new Facebook layout and click on the dropdown menu.
- Here, you will see a switch for Dark mode which will be turned off by default.
- To enable dark mode on your Facebook site, you will need to toggle this switch to on position.
- Once you do this, the dark mode for your Facebook website will be enabled and there is nothing more you need to do regarding this.
- In order to turn off the dark mode for your Facebook page, you need to repeat the same procedure and turn off the same switch from the Settings menu.