Every android user must have at one point or the other during the course of using their phones felt the need to change some or all the app icons on their home screen to suit their taste or protect them – as it is with the case of changing the app icon of a banking app to something else.
Creating your own app icon is just one of the few ways to fully maximize the power of your android phone.
Changing an app’s icon on your Android device is very simple and can be done in a number of ways.
Using Nova Launcher
- Download and install Nova Launcher from the Google Play store. Launch it and use choose “Always” for it to be used as the launcher.
- Go to your home screen > Press and hold the icon you’d like to change > choose “Edit” in the options that will appear. A pop-up window will appear.
- Tap on the icon to the right > choose another icon or an image from your gallery > tap the “Done” button.
To restore the default icon back, simply follow the same process as above but in step 3, choose the default icon under the “common” section.
Using the Icon Changer Free App
- Download and install the Icon Changer Free App from the Google Play store. Launch it.
- Tap on the app icon you wish to change > select a different icon or image > tap “OK”.
You can also edit app icons using this icon changer app. Follow the same process above but in step 2, choose filters, colors or effects and adjust to your satisfaction. Create neon effects, make icons white or black and saturate the color of the icons… simply do as you wish with the Icon Changer app.
Note: Changing the app icon on your phone’s home screen doesn’t change it from your app drawer. It remains the default icon in the app drawer.